Thread: Broken Cycle
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Orion

Orion is on a distinguished road
Re: Broken Cycle

Good point. I actually believe that's a big reason why RPI MUD's fail. Players sit around in tavern's doing mainly social RP until the staff decide to put on an event and it feels like nothing you do in the event really matters because the outcome is predetermined.

Because I've been so sick of this over the years it's my intention to allow players a good deal of freedom to affect the world in which their character's live. Some key roles at first will need to be played by staff members in order for characters to have something structured to launch off from, however, as time goes on it'll eventually become more and more up to the players to decide how they want to do things. I'd only have reason to complain about a person's roleplay if their actions would be completely unrealistic for the setting and if their actions actually killed plots rather than did something to further them. While I do have a rough storyline laid out, it has room to go in different directions depending on what choices the character's involved make, however there will be times of course when there will be forces involved which will leave them few options.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote