Thread: Broken Cycle
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
Orion

Orion is on a distinguished road
Re: Broken Cycle

I forgot to mention crafts, but yeah there is a crafting system. Characters will be able to gather, hunt, chop wood, farm, fish and with what they obtain from doing those activities, they will be able to make various items. I haven't built much outside the village yet, but there will be quite a large valley to explore with forests, a river, mountain trails and field rooms. The game will start in Winter, but once the valley is built and Spring comes around the fields will open up, allowing people to go out and explore.

I've already written a history for the village that isn't too detailed, so new players should be able to use that to make a character fairly easily. I wouldn't want anyone to feel like they didn't have a role to fill and spending ages being a mediocre boring villager raising your skills to be an important character is no fun either.

The game won't stay in the village, or even the valley though, eventually there will be other areas, however I want to try and keep people together as much as possible to avoid spreading them out too much which tends to make it harder for them to find RP at their location.

Last edited by Orion : 11-15-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote