Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello

You've basically described in a few paragraphs what I've been trying to nail down in my mind for the past few years. I've been to a few places which try to convince themselves just as much as visitors that they are the final word in role play, and no matter what the game lore is, it all boils down to the same talking stuff you described here. It actually gets pretty silly to see a game like Threshold take that kind of attitude while pushing the collection plate at the same time. Threshold is the same thing except with the added drama of who broke whose religious icons.

The problem with this assertion of yours is that individual people DO have their own needs which have to be fulfilled before they themselves can really flourish and help to provide others with an excellent experience. If a person is not engaged in a setting, how can they roleplay? I've found places with great experiences, and I've found places where it's just the same old people talking about the lore stuff and maybe something happens, or maybe people bicker among themselves and make things happen that way. Sadly, the latter case is much more common, and it was my experience on Threshold, Ateraan, and other places.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote