Thread: Posers
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 AM   #4
Davairus

Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Posers

I think its fairly safe to say the mud community has always been like this, it was established over at TMC that nearly anything goes, and although I have been around a long time (9 years) I find myself quitting reading all the boards very often. Mostly because after a while you realise its always the same old recycled bs... diku license rubbish, muds that pretend to be free and begging to change the way they're listing (which is futile), plagiarism of LotR in every stock rom, blah blah. Reading that makes me feel dumber. I don't know if its the people so much as those irritant topics continue to exist and nobody ever acts on them. Certainly I would say most of the trash I've seen, I've already seen before, and I've already seen the people that post, reposting the same junk. My 2c is always "consider how this community looks to the new visitors we're trying to attract" whenever I bother to chime in.. but what can you do.. its always been like it, and it always will. Some people love trolling and others love to fight trolls, but the overall effect is we look like infants. Too bad.
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote