View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
shander

shander is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the comments so far.

He he, I did try achea a few times, and good to know that was "ire".

Achae seemed to have lots o teen agers playing and don't get me wrong there was plenty of good stuff but the prose lacked a bit from avalon. All this good jerhur to you stuff got to me althouth I did like lots of strutural things like the groups tournoments etc.

Its not the money I need to pay but the money and the way paying for advancement seems to winow the players and get little kids with a hold on their mothers credit card into high places.

I can budget money to play but deciding how much to spend on stuff really takes away from the whole in world experience. I like to *feel* like im earning there, even if its a fake currency. If I'm being reminded of spending my here money there, I start thinkin of working here instead of working there then I'm here not there!

A real question, Does player driven expansion of play field and guilds or houses etc work in any muds or does it tend to turn into an unplayabe mish mash. The "subdivisions" in achae seemed sort of interesting in their idea but they turned out to be a sort of backwater graveyard.

Also some suggestions on D&D mid-evil themed games with large elements of compaign based supply line conquest overlayed over a real time interface would be great. One where one could conguer and settle terriotry, establish farms etc. Or perhaps wipe previous such attempts off the map as they dwidiled from neglect of the players that started them..
shander is offline   Reply With Quote