View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
erdos

Wolfbane on Realms of Despair. A thief. Got to level 2 due to help from the person who showed me the game. After that, I was on my own. Died, and didn't know the concept of CRing. So I was wandering around, naked, trying to somehow make level 3. Got some exp by adepting "hide", and thought, "If I can just adept backstab, I'll make level 3". Unfortunately I didn't have a dagger to backstab with. I scavenged whatever weapons I found laying around, but they were too high level for me. A cityguard sword said "You must be level 24 to use this item", so I generalized and assumed thieves had to reach level 24 to use *any* sort of sword. Found an ice ring laying around and tried to sell it at the armor shop, the shopkeeper said it was worth more than he could afford, I "value"d it and saw it was worth like 30,000, which I thought must be a TON of money, so I thought that ring must be something insanely good. (In actuality, 30k is pocket change) I never did make level 3 with that character, though my next character got into the low 20's...