View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #209
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

I did not say that. Let us break down what I said.

Please note the word "suggestions". Suggestions are not commands nor does that imply in any way that I or anyone else would "want more MUDs to be run by the RPMUD Operating Committee" or anyone else. The RPMUD Network will not be running games. It will be providing the community and not the games with verified, independent third-party data and critical review.

"Run by" means to present to, in this case for a decision from the Operating Committee regarding my suggestions and what degree of support the RPMUD Network may wish to offer as a group in helping the general MU* community in regard to those suggestions. I do not want to presuppose to know what the Operating Committee as a whole will decide. Until I speak with them and we approve as a group what degree, if any, of effort we would want to contribute to helping others beyond the scope of our focus, I will not post the suggestions.

I never said it had to be lead by "purely RPI MUDs alone". I said I will post some suggestions for making the community a more useful one, de-emphasizing the present failings which prevent it from attaining respectability. When I've cleared it with the rest of the Operating Committee, I may be able to suggest some ways in which we can help through participation in the overall MU* community (despite our emphasis being only on RP-Enforced MU*S).

Jason

Last edited by prof1515 : 01-15-2009 at 11:14 AM.
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote