Thread: Racism
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 04:03 PM   #15
Ashon

Ashon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ashon Send a message via AIM to Ashon Send a message via MSN to Ashon Send a message via Yahoo to Ashon
I find no problem playing in a game where there is Racism. It's a game after all. It does not reflect my feelings IRL. Besides, who could imagine a Dwarf and an Elf together in a party, being buddies? (Other then; Margret Weis, Tracy Hickman, and Tolkien?) Elves consider themselves better then dwarves and Dwarves feel the same way. One of my best (read: Favorite) Pen'n'Paper characters was seeking refuge from the elements and came to a keep, and when he found that a half-breed was running the joint, he refused her help. And made snide remarks. She of course then set him up for a trial, and made him hang for his sins, but alas....

Back on topic:

In reference to forcing players to accept the RP'ing of Superiority and whatevers... code it. If nobles shun the populace, and you allow players to play nobles, make the NPC villagers get out of their way, have them refuse to talk to them. If dwarves and Elves hate each other, have an NPC talk trash to the other race. This is the problem that I have with most RP muds... They focus on player interaction, when you should increase character interaction.
Ashon is offline   Reply With Quote