View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 03:39 AM   #82
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: RPI, RPE, and Roleplay

You mean stop doing what you do through this entire thread?

The thread is about RPI, RPE, and Roleplay. The thread was started because of your railroading another thread. Do not take the position that you were not. The OP asked the discussion to stop on the other thread and you would not stop so I brought it here. If you need a reference to that thread that proves this here it is:

You claim constantly about misquotes and misunderstandings, but even as I read back through this entire thread I noticed you making assumptions and ignoring questions put before you. (example: post 23 if you need one). You also make misrepresentations utilizing an interpretation of the english lanquage or semantics. (Example: post 21) Here you claim the RPI Network is not your site you just pay the bills. Legally it IS your site. Legally you can ban every member of the commitee whether they want you to or not. Unless you have written bylaws and legal documents to control the site, the site is yours and yours alone to be owned and operated by you alone. To be shutdown, discontinued, or modified with you as the ultimate control to do so.

Personal Attacks: After reading through the thread it is clear I did throw some unnecessary insults. Deliberately making dishonest statements? I deny that accusation.

The argument, in my understanding, boils down to who may use the term RPI and who may not. My contention is that any game that is Roleplay Intense or Intensive may use the term RPI at leisure. Your contension (correct me if I am wrong) is that only those that follow the 19 points outlined by your group may use this term. Looking through threads, MUDs that claim to be RPI and RPE I saw a lot of confusion and disagreement about the term and no evidence (despite a few RPI references) that would proclude anyone from using the term as I outlined above.

A similar argument could be made for using the term MUD which is also ambiguous, in that only MUD's begun in 1980(some say the 70's) under the original codebase when the term MUD was first used may call themselves a MUD. It is my understanding that the 19 points you bring up about RPI were not all utilized when the term RPI (according to you) was first established. In fact, many if not all of the games you refer to have changed drastically since.

I ask this question then. Do you think no MUD should use the term RPI except as accepted by your group under the guidelines you established?
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote