View Single Post
Old 07-21-2002, 12:22 PM   #6
Robbert

Robbert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Robbert Send a message via AIM to Robbert
Lovely metaphor. You omitted the fact that the Immortals' morts would have first-access to this pool of equipment, and that they would get a small percentage more than their share of the experience, commensurate with their position as 'servant to the people'.

Isn't that a horrible truth, though? I remember, as a player, thinking that surely justice would be done and the Immortal who had cheated would be reprimanded, stoned, cast out for all to see, or SOMETHING.... and I equally remember how appalled I was that it did not happen, that I was in fact rebuked for questioning the rights of the administrators...

As an admin myself now, I try very hard to preserve the image of democracy for the game. We Immortals hold ourselves to a high standard not because we need to but because it is enforced by the Implementor (my wife), and those who fail to meet the standard are sent west. Sadly, occasionally it has been necessary to lift the veneer of sophistication from the eyes of a player and let them see, truly, that it is in fact a dictatorship.

In the immortal words of a close friend of mine:

Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote