View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
Kenjar

Kenjar is on a distinguished road
I don't think the Trollocs die if the Myrddraal they're bound to does, I think they just sort of lose control- I might be wrong, however, so you might want to look into that. I lent my big book about WoT to a friend, so I can't look them up in there, but I still remember a few things. I haven't read the series in a very long time, so I might be off a bit.

1- Their swords- I think they're black, and if they come in contact with another sword made from the power they emit this big, flashy light.

2- They have the ability to sort of teleport by stepping into shadows, and they can then reappear out of the shadows anywhere.

3- More specifically, the Myrddraal are trollocs in which the Human half is dominant, instead of the animal half. They are created completely by accident, at random.

4- Myrddraal are the only reason the shadow even bothers to use Trollocs- they are the only thing able to incite fear in them, allowing them to drive them forward in battle. Also, like you said, they can bond with a fist of trollocs to gain better control over them.
Kenjar is offline   Reply With Quote