View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Once upon a time, there was a tribal woman who lived near the northern city. She had odd notions of the world, including a rather extreme pacifist culture. If someone attempted to steal from her people, they would offer the thiefs gifts, so as to influence their decision and hopefully get them to become happy and peaceful traders with the tribe. Strangely enough, this often worked. Sometimes it didn't. One never knew with the crazy city people.

During her adult life, she traveled often, exploring places she'd never been before. She made her way down to the trading outpost between the north and south cities, and met up with some low-level leaders of the outpost's owning family. She introduced them to the liquor made by her people, very strong spirits made from vegetation native to her home.

She made a trade agreement with the outpost, and had her tribe manufacture a large quantity of the liquor for sale there in exchange for merchant rights at a discounted percentage of the profits.

At the present time, the liquor is still sold in the outpost tavern, and is favored by some and reviled by others. One man's comment about the taste: "It is like loving a woman. Very sweet to sip, but leaves a bitter aftertaste."

I played the tribal character in Armageddon. I wasn't an "important" noble or templar, or any other kind of big-deal influential person. I roleplayed my character's way to fame (or infamy as some would have it), she was known, loved, and loathed by people all over the world. She didn't change the course of history, she didn't start or end any wars. But she left her impact with that little gesture, bringing her tribe's liquor to the central trading post.

The tribe's clan was officially closed to players near the end of my character's life, so this mark left by her, to me, is significant. Within the game world, it's assumed members of this tribe still exist, at least virtually. I believe their encampment is still in the area it used to be (I haven't been that way since her death). But she was one of the last PCs of that tribe to be in the game. She was also one of the longest-lived - approximately 9 RL months, in a game where death is permanent.

I hope some day the game admins open that tribe again to players. I'd love to hear the "melodically-accented sirihish" again, and enjoy hearing the tales of the Tesdanyali once more, from the "karazhad" side of things.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote