Thread: Politics
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 06:49 PM   #14
Letum

Letum is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hello-

Being extremely politcally oriented myself, I would love to see more player-run politics inside MUDs. However, as pointed out already, it does require a large, dedicated playerbase to run a good political system. For instance, if you are running a school as a MUD, and one of the teachers could not sign on for every scheduled class time, knowone would be able to graduate/metriculate (if your elsewhere) until the teacher was on enough times to give them a good enough lesson. This would slow the entire school down and make people bored of it.

I also believe that if you are to have a political system, it has to be ENTIRELY player-run. This way, Players never get bored because they shape the politics of the game, and they get to change the politics if they feel the need too. An entire player-run political system DOES take a good, dedicated playerbase.

On top of all of this, people caught up in the political dregs of things often get bored because they do not get enough "action". Personally, I am fine to stay in the political aspect of things, but some people like to move around.

Overall, I would LOVE to see an entirely player-based political MUD come out. If it were to happen, I would definently join. I have also had lots of ideas about such a MUD.

-My two cents,

Letum
Letum is offline   Reply With Quote