View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 04:05 AM   #5
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
In my foolish quest to try out every MUD in existance (nothing too long term, but this way I can at least recommend or not recommend a MUD if a friend asks), I have run across several MUDs that claim to be RP but really come across as RPE or H&S pretending to be RP*. Once, I tried out a MUD that I was just about to compliment on being the fourth best H&S I'd ever tried when I was informed by one of their staff that since I'd reached a certain level, I was now required to create a description and RP while xping. In addition, I was told that when I did, I'd receive an xp bonus. Now, what the #### was I supposed to RP having just spent an hour or so killing everything in sight? That I was a serial killer, like every other player marching around? Completely unenjoyable for RP, this MUD put restrictions on its H&S nature. The result was a MUD I can not possibly recommend to RPers or H&Sers. Hence, I agree that you're either role-playing or you're not. Combining aspects of both just leaves you with the worst elements of each format.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote