Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #68
Tim

Tim is on a distinguished road
If you wish to refer to North America as nothing more than loosely strung together cultures of small populations then you will be constantly struggling with the chains of academic snobbery. At least academia has the virtue of actually having had to work to form their opinion.

You can go ahead and post your opinion on Wikipedia, going back and reading it there might make you feel better about having done little to form it.

Christian abomination, especially as it is expressed in America today and in American history, is readily apparent to anyone who is not Christian, ignorance being chief among that religions components. To speak directly to the issue of the confused sexual crisis with in the Christian faith I will quote Father Richard McBrien from the University of Notre Dame … he has a PhD so likely you will want to undermined this statement to the best or you abilities …

“Jesus could have been married, and see I am not discounting the possibility, but if we had clear evidence that he was and even that he had a family, that would have knocked out of the box all this nonsense that has been part and parcel of the Christian tradition, small T, for so many centuries that somehow sex is ahhh not so, not so nice.”

Christianity teaches, among other things, that one: it’s followers need to be ignorant of even their own religion and two: to veraciously attack anything that even remotely looks like it could challenge the political position or power of it’s faith. Father McBrien is desperately trying to combat this very issue in his own faith. I can respect him for it but he is a salmon swimming up stream. His statement does however shine a light on the confused sexuality of the Christian faith.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote