View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #26
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Re: Noobiest noob that ever noobed

Very well. Posts undeleted.

Now a brief reply, since you're all so insistent that everyone air their opinions in the open.

First off, Threshold, I only have moderator status in this and the Mud Humour forum. If you want threads in other topics moderated, I suggest you contact the relevant mod for that topic.

I'm all for discussing community behaviour and etiquette, but this particular topic is not the place for it. It is better left to other, more intuitive places where people might actually stumble across the issue than some thread by a new forum member that's unlikely to be read by many of the forum members who don't venture into this topic. As for those of you of the opinion that the thread became nonsensical, would you have felt that way if there wasn't a remnant of each posted reply that just said "Deleted"? I felt that the posts which did remain didn't refer to any previous one except in tiny details and so, taken with no prior knowledge of what had gone before, read well enough. I could find no way of removing the replies altogether and I admit the other way looks somewhat messy. However, I have also yet to come across any options for splitting or moving a thread, but I haven't really much experience with this particular board style yet.

For those of you claiming I'm trying to stifle discussion, I'm not. This simply isn't the place for it. If you want to continue to discuss moderation and so forth you can do so in another part of the forum where it's more suited. I've seen the kind of flame-fests some other topics in parts of this forum descend into, and I'd prefer to keep that sort of thing out of the one that has a good chance of being read by new visitors to this forum. Some of the snide back-biting and veiled insults that fly around between community members on here is childish and very tiresome.

Since I also feel that this will no doubt spur you all on to reply to me, please feel free to start a topic in a relevant part of the board and I'll be happy to continue the discussion. As far as this thread goes, I believe it has run it's course and the OPs question has been answered so I will lock it.