View Single Post
Old 01-25-2003, 03:28 PM   #5
Brianna

Brianna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Brianna Send a message via MSN to Brianna Send a message via Yahoo to Brianna
Arrow

I agree with Molly on this one. Giving the builders a bit of free reign helps keep them interested in the area. As my mud is in development still and no areas are linked yet we are focusing on getting various geographical type zones built (i.e. swamps, grasslands, Mountains, coastal areas) Either myself or my co-owner will be doing the actually travel zones that link the areas to one another. We have a conceptual map of the world set up that we are using as a guideline. We also have a history in place to give our builders a frame of reference when building to keep them in with the overall theme of our realm.

But as you already have areas in play, Chapel had some good suggestions. Break your building staff into teams and have some generate new areas, some do as I put it "clean up" , and others work on areas to blend the inconsistancies. Be flexible enough to allow people to switch what team they are on as clean up can be boring, or maybe they have a good idea on how to blend things.

Just my opinions on the matter.
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote