View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
Lorei

Lorei is on a distinguished road
Re: MUD Creation/Coding Help

Well, I currently play a MUD called Lost Souls. What I really enjoy about it is how immersive it is. Most MUDs don't even come close to it. However, it's a hack and slash MUD, and after talking to a few of my friends there, I was really disappointed that the rp aspect of the game is virtually non-existent.

I've been writing my entire life - it's my one true passion. I want to create an RP MUD. I mean, there's going to be fighting and all, but...the focus of the game is going to be whatever the character decides.

I have a very strong pull towards fantasy. I'm great at creating names of unique, magical things - when I used to make my rp sites, I'd have custom lands, races/breeds, all that sort of thing. I'm very creative.

I know that MUDs aren't the most popular things ever, which is why, instead of having to rely on other players to rp with, maybe the NPC's could have custom scripts and things?

I hope that helps.

Edit - @Shaitan - I was hoping for a C language instead of javascript. The MUD I hope to gain experience with uses C language, so I'd rather not confuse myself and have to learn two different code languages.

Last edited by Lorei : 08-08-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: New message.
Lorei is offline   Reply With Quote