View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #100
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Guidelines for an RPI mud.

Pretty much everyone who doesn't play RPIs thinks it is a bad term, and even some people who play RPIs think it is a bad term. The fact that some people like it doesn't really make a difference. It is a bad choice of term. It is not accurate. It is incredibly vague and generic.

The only "hating" I am doing is on the superior attitude that drips from the posts of so many RPI fanatics. I am not hating on any RPIs. I think many of them are fine games. I have many customers who also play RPIs (some of them admins on RPIs) and I would not even begin to disparage their work or the way they find entertainment.

Or how about one of the countless reasonable suggestions that have been made? Like ARP (Armaggedon style RP). That is very specific and cuts right to the core of the matter. Or AHRP (Armagged/Harshlands style RP). If what you really care about is accurately labelling MUDs with a very specific set of rules, then use a more accurate and less generic term. It really isn't that hard. Alternatively, stop complaining when other people call their muds Role Play Intensive or RPI.

Take your pick.

Yeah, I have used the other one for far too long. I hope you like it. It is a picture of a trulloc.

*chuckle*