View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
GuruPlayer

GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
I posted this reply on another thread, but I figured I'll post it again here:
I am a mud player, I don't know coding, am not & have never been an IMM for any mud, have never reached Hero/avatar status on any mud... just a mud player. Now I've been playing muds for a little over a year, so I guess you could call me a veteran newbie. So I hadn't heard of this Medievia controversy, & didn't know what to make of it. Then I see that Molly O'Hara, someone who's posts I've always found informative, & respectful to all, posts a thread that she is leaving this board. That is a real shame, and I hope Ms O'Hara comes back, the mud community needs her. Be that as it may, I punch "Medievia code theft" on Google, & read a bunch of different sites, & find a very informative one at

Now I have been a professional actor for 30 years & I believe I know a little something about copyright infringement, I would like to thank everyone who has posted their objections to Medievia coming back to this website, if you hadn't, I wouldn't have known anything, & no doubt would have played the mud. Now that I did a little research, I can assure you that I will never try it, I will make every effort to inform other newbie mudders like me. The fact that the thieves had a lawyer look for loopholes tells you all you need to know about their moral alignment.

All in all, I'll be hoping Molly will reconsider, we need her thoughtful insight a #### of a lot more than the logos & others of his ilk...
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote