View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 12:36 PM   #5
Serpentia

Serpentia is on a distinguished road
Well, I'd like to recommend trying out the mud I play at and I'll start with replying to the things you have listed in your post that I have quoted above.

Roleplay - Adventures Unlimited is not RPI but it does have a health roleplay community. There are several things in the game that encourages roleplay and if you pkjoin you definitely have to have some roleplay or you're not going to get very far in pk. PK is also optional though.

Combat - Like the other people have stated, I don't know exactly what you mean by automated combat and if you describe your definition of it, I will gladly tell you about the combat fomrat in this mud.

Other things besides combat - AU has lots of things you can do that are not combat related. Fishing, quests (two different types), tradeguilds (so far you can make weapons, armor, and jewelry with more on the way), gambling games, whittling, and immortal run games are just some of them to mention. There are also noncombat things you can do if you are pkjoined such as conquering territories.

Classes - While this mud does have fighter, mage, cleric, and thief, it has also has monk (which operate much differently than other classes), charlatan (thief/mage hybrid), paladin, antipaladin, myrmidon (warrior mage hybrid with magics based on runes), and necromancers are in the works. Even though there are the generic fighter, mage, thief, and cleric classes they have unique skills that you won't find on stock muds

The mud is a free to play game and there is no paying for perks. Everything that the players have here has been worked for. if i recall right the areas in the mud are now about 80% original, if not more. The staff is also very dedicated and there is a pretty consistent flow of new things to try out. AU is a newbie friendly mud, and it has a comfortable player base size that is not so gargantuan that you get lost in the crowd when you speak on channels (especially when you need to ask for help). If you have any questions before you might wish to give AU a try, just post them. Or you could always log on and ask other people that play there also. The information for Adventures Unlimited is in my signature if you are interested.
Serpentia is offline   Reply With Quote