View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 01:28 PM   #1
CTA

CTA is on a distinguished road
Hey,

I just thought I would throw this out there to see what feed back comes from hopefully a few muds with a decent player base.

I have long since thought of my mud Call to Arms as a business and run it between a cross of Military chain of command, and a business that has customers(players). I must admit sometimes I loose my cool though when players log on and can ask questions that there are help files for on public channels. Or when I run into a player that is constantly whining about why something is the way it is. I guess I can assume that is just what you have to learn to deal with as a adminstrator.

However this is what I have done:
I have let lower staff know that they better rush to answer questions before I have too, because I am sometimes abbrasive with how I answer some questions.

I have put in all my help files for channels that I am running a whine free mud, if you have a complaint write a note about it. Please see the help files before you ask a question on a public channel. As well as added it to my rule book they are issued at creation.

And finally perhaps the most important part I have added to my STAFF rules
PLAYERS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING PERIOD.

Without them there is no mud.

Treat players with the golden rule, and the Vladaar rule.

Golden rule: Treat others how you would want to be treated yourself.

Vladaar rule: When all else fails pretend to be interested in what they say
and have sympathy for their plight.

I am wondering if someone has like an ettique written for handling players
with their staff. Like you will always use please, thankyou, and so on?

Vladaar
Call to Arms
CTA is offline   Reply With Quote