View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 03:02 AM   #360
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
*chuckle* I do know how to spell grammatical though I did find interesting that everytime I tested typing it, I double hit the "t". Makes me think I'm developing some sort of nervous problem since I also find myself inserting letters inadvertently in several other instances as well. Could chalk it up to typing too quickly but I find my fingers twitch toward the same movement even when I slow down a bit. Probably developing carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis or some nervous condition. :-/

Then again, maybe it's due to repeated exposure to poor spelling in banner ads ("duely") or maybe I'm just trying to "turn people's heads" because everyone knows that spelling errors impress people! I know with the case of my own MUD, I'm contemplating all sorts of advertisements with spelling errors in order to draw in thousands of players who are impressed by shoddy ads. *eyeroll* But that's a different example of spin-doctoring, not the case over the word "free" to describe commercial MUDs, even if the culprit is the same in both cases.

Interestingly, that same person is the one who repeatedly uses loaded words and phrases like "a few forum users" to denote those who disagree with him and claims to represent the majority by citing about the same number of people (or less if you don't count his employees) in his favor? Of course, he won't respond to this because he is "not participating in this discussion anymore" despite posting since making that remark. For someone who lies so often, you think he'd be better at it by now.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote