View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 10:43 AM   #12
enigma@zebedee

enigma@zebedee is on a distinguished road
Something I should say is that I have nothing about role-playing enforced muds, and I am sure there are some great ones out there. The role-playing choice is one of many choices that are made when designing a mud and the quality of code and design is not influenced by the choice.

A role playing 'none' mud might be something like one of the pk only muds out there which is basically a text based alternative to unreal tournament (although some of those do have some role playing elements - Tron for example did).

Role playing optional means the admin really don't care if you role play or not.

Role playing encouraged means that we like people to do some role play and put some life into their characters - but we don't require them to do so.

Role playing enforced I imagine most people understand :-)

The reason I started this thread is that I noticed a lot of adverts saying 'role play required', 'role playing enforced', 'character generation only takes 3 months' etc. I thought people might like to see a free mud which is active, developing, recruiting and expanding - and which is more interested in making sure that you have fun than in making sure you have read all the world history.

A couple of newbies actually commented to me recently that they were glad they had finally found a mud that didn't force a playing style on them.
enigma@zebedee is offline   Reply With Quote