View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 05:38 PM   #9
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

Actually, I wasn't calling you a hypocrite. I have not once made this a personal attack. In fact, I've stated quite clearly that it is your right, and every other MUD admin's right, to have a policy forbidding rape. More power to you.

I have not once tried to belittle you. I have treated your arguments with the sensitivity and reasonability required in this kind of civil discourse.

I wasn't attempting to condescend by making the comparisons to parenting or psychotherapy. Your problem, in this case, appears to be that you think I wrote this just for you. I didn't. I wrote it for MUD admins at large who might share your opinion, which is an absolutely valid opinion.

If I didn't think your opinion was valid, or that it mattered, I wouldn't bother responding.

Sorry if you took my comments as a personal attack. I'll happily let the matter drop, but I actually found the original conversation rather constructive - even if we didn't totally agree, we weren't that far apart. That was the point I was trying to make. We merely differed in degree.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote