View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #193
ShadowsDawn

Home MUD: New Worlds: Ateraan
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
ShadowsDawn is on a distinguished road
Re: Guidelines for an RPI mud.

If RPI has no meaning other than a moniker for a set of features.. they why in the world is it used? It has *nothing* to denote that it is merely a feature set. Also.. if it is not an acronym, then stop whining when others have an acronym that denotes the standard of RP quality. Another thing.. if RPI has no real meaning other than sme arbitrary method to denote a set of features... why in the world use those letters? They have to have some actual meaning beyond "Waaaaaahhhh!! They are using it to denote quality/amount/intensity of RolePlay. Those are our letters we pulled out of out collective ***es because we wanted to have something to denote a set of features we want. Oh and we just chose these.. well.. just because."

Oh wait.. what did I just say? I use RP. Why is that? Could it be that RP has been the standard short form for Roleplay? It has been that way for longer than I have known about MUDs.. which incidentally is coming on 15 years or so... RP was used for Roleplay long before RPI came along. You dirty thieves! Gimme my R and P back!

You whine about it being *just* a feature set. If that is the case, then actually devise a system that makes it *obvious*. Society and cultures evolve and adapt over time MUDs are no different. Honestly, it looks like the Armageddon Feature Set crowd is outnumbered now as far as what people assume to be an RPI. Deal with it.. or adapt.

Kerrida