View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
carnijazz

carnijazz is on a distinguished road
Post Looking for RP home.

Hey there, I'm a casual gamer who's looking for a good RP Mud or Mush out there. I've been looking for a while, but it is really hard to get an actual idea about a game unless you spend a few days learning all the rules and immersing yourself in the environment. Then I end up spending a day or two designing a character (if I am going to design a character, I want to do it right). When I finally do play, I discover all my time was wasted on something I hate. I'm looking for some input from some experienced gamers, who have been around the block. My specifications:

1. Active player base of 17-25+ daily average. I've found some really interesting servers that just didn't have the numbers. Nothing like logging into an empty server.

2. No loss of xp or gear if I'm not logged in daily. Like I said, I'm a casual gamer. I'm on maybe 1-3 times a week, and that can be sporadic. Though I am willing to have set days and times if I find a good group to RP with.

3. Not PvP heavy. I don't mind even permanent character death if it is RP justified. I've played MUDs where the skill sets were heavily geared toward PvP, just not my thing.

4. Not a fan of XP grinding. I completely understand having a leveling system and having to earn your levels. What I don't want is to end up spending hours mauling rats in the woods every time I log in, just so I have a high enough level to survive walking down the street without being killed by every mob in sight. If I wanted grinding, I would just reactivate my WOW account.

5. Noob friendly. I've played a couple MUDs and Mushes, and even EVE online, but I am still a casual gamer w/out amazing coding/typing skills. What I don't want is to be cast adrift as soon as I finish character creation. Not everything is covered by the wiki or in game files, so I always like to have some real folks I can touch base with OOC.

6. Not a fan of pay-for-perks that leave everyone else in the cold. The games where if you don't, there really is not much hope for you.

I know I am picky, and I don't expect there to be a perfect game out there. Again, I am a casual gamer looking for an RP heavy scene. I'd like to thank anyone who can shed some light.
carnijazz is offline   Reply With Quote