Thread: MUD game
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
Zion-Altari

Zion-Altari is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zion-Altari Send a message via MSN to Zion-Altari Send a message via Yahoo to Zion-Altari
Have you had a look at perhaps? It fits in with most of what your looking for, if not all.

Akanbar is developed on a purely custom codebase, so has no stock areas, or "Newbie School" to get you started. You go through a short tutorial getting you used to the commands, but thats all there is.

While you might get the occasionall reference to lag here or there, Akanbar is on the whole, a purely IC game, and while roleplay isn't completly mandatory, it is required 95% of the time.

This is the only problem with it I could see. While Akanbar does have a leveling system, it doesn't place much empahsis on it, though it does give you higer skills. The main emphasis is placed on player skill, rather then aqquired character skills

Akanbar present a nice challenge in finding and completing quests, though it's all possible, and plenty of people around to help you out if you get stuck.

As I said before, Akanbar is a fully custom MUD, and has NO stock areas what so ever.

While we're not in beta testing, we've only just come out of that phase within the last few months, and still have a medium sized player base.

Mosts events are run by the immortals from my experience, but they're always on the lookout for more ideas, and I'm sure would be accomdating for you to run some things perhaps.

So yeah, come give Akanbar a try. It might not be completly everything your looking for, but it should be more then enough.
Zion-Altari is offline   Reply With Quote