View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #5
Spoke

Spoke is on a distinguished road
Does this mean that any traffic is good traffic? (for those on the top of the list)

Take for example when a new big MUD comes into play, say they make it to the 3rd spot but are close enough to Aardwolf and Achaea, would not a MUD like that just take traffic from the first two (or the lower five if you wish). I perceive it like there is a somewhat stable pool of players (number of visitors, regulars, google mistypes, etc) who come to TMS and click on a MUDs link.

What they bring when they register here is traffic, this means people from their MUD get to see the other MUDs that are around, but regardless of that, the pool of players who would check their game would be larger.

Now if you bring a huge player to the field, it seems like they just would not benefit at all.

Anyway, I think my mind is going in circles. At points it seems that the list would benefit most the newcomer, but then again, I think Aardwolf has increased in at least 50-100 players average since registered here (I cannot say for sure but it is my impression), so, if a that makes it regularly to #1 is so much benefited, would not it make you at least a bit unwilling to try and put a MEGA MUD in there lest it steal some of your players?
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote