View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Tyson

Tyson is on a distinguished road
Help me find an easy mud with gathering and crafting focus?

Hi guys,

I am a polite and mature roleplayer who likes to do ALOT of resource gathering and then crafting.
I was very fond of the repetitive "gathering" and manual "crafting" in Everquest, and I am looking for something similiar but in an explorable MUD.

If you are quite experienced with muds, could you please offer me some possibilities using some of my requirements below?

Thank you kindly,

Must haves:
* Merchant class, or alot of Gathering/Crafting/Tradeskills focus
* Fantasy based
* minimum 10 people on at any time
* very easy to play - ie: prefer exits with just: N,S,E,W - so I can map on graph paper. Navigating in Achaea was HELL.
(Real-time maps are awesome.)

Preferences:
* codebase doesn't matter
* a bit of fighting is ok
* I don't PK, but I am ok with getting killed if I have to
* prefer free, (don't mind making donations, but I don't want $$$ to affect my advancement or dictate it).
* prefer simple and linear mud (I know this is the direct opposite of what muds normally are) but I really like being told constantly what to do in the newbie tutorials, ie: go to here, do this quest, go to here do this.

The problem with most muds I have tried is once the newbie tutorial abrubtly ends, you are not told where to go and what to do and end up completely lost.

Muds I have tried, and didn't seem to suit (although I may have not played deep enough):
(I'd like to add that all of these Muds were great, but did not really focus on the simplicity of gathering/crafting, or were unfortunately empty.)

Aardwolf, Achaea, Materia Magica, New Worlds, Icesus, Arctic, Ansalon, Throes, Erandia, 6Dragons, Batmud.

Throes was very good in terms of the Artisan Class, but of the 3 different times I logged on I was the only player online.

I will try and give NW, Icesus, Arctic and 6D another go as I didn't give them a good shot.

Alot of people rave about Batmud but to me it seemed terribly formatted in mushclient, basically no carrier line breaks.

Thank you for your help, I hope you can help me find a new permanent home!

Last edited by Tyson : 05-27-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote