View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 06:20 PM   #20
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
 If I want a completely RP game and everyone who comes on trys to turn it into a HnS or ooc chatroom, since muds are dictatorships I can individually ban people or just shut the entire thing down and try again some other time.  Do the players have a say in the decsion?  Only if the owner chooses, it is his kingdom.

Of course not, owners have absolutely no control on what the PEOPLE who play muds do.  Just the same if I type force Burr sing and dance, you dont stand up from your computer and start doing your best Travolta impression.  They DO have complete control over your connection/character once you log into their dictatorship.  They can't force the person behind the computer to do anything, but they can certainly restrict you from their game.

No but if they wanted to know, they could certainly find out.

Exactly, they have complete power over whatever they wish to enforce.  This makes a mud a dictatorship.

Again it seems you are confusing the RL person and the connection/character.  I can not make you log into my game, but once you do you grant me complete control over that character/connection.  No matter if I choose to use that power or not, it is still there and thereby the mud is still a dictatorship.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote