View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking For a complex Mud

It sounds more like you're looking to work in an IMM (GM) position rather than a player position. I mean, think about it. If players could destroy buildings, then they would. And then *someone* would need to rewrite all those rooms to reflect that the buildings are destroyed. If players could run the banks, chances are, they already do, and they don't need you to show up and create another one. If currency wasn't standardized, it would have no value at all, or its value would fluctuate SO wildly, that you'd need economists to let everyone know what it's worth this day, vs. tomorrow. I'm guessing the local economist PC would very quickly tire of having to add yet another "currency-creator PC"'s currency to his list of "currency I have to figure out for today." He'd spend all his login time doing nothing but numbercrunching. If his player is a CPA in real life, maybe he'll consider that fun. Personally I'd rather have a tooth drilled.

Remember if you want the opportunity to create a central bank, it means you want a game that doesn't already have one. That means a game that is -probably- still in development, and that also means that most of the rest of the things you want, would not have been implemented yet. That's why I suggest trying to get into a game as an IMM/GM. As someone who helps develop the game from the code side, you get to do all that stuff. You get to write room descriptions, send in mobs to tear down buildings, create NPCs who can run shops and banks, create currency for the players, etc. etc.

Try one of the many games that are still in development - go in as a player for awhile, prove yourself to be a contributing member of their playerbase, then ask if you could be on staff. That'd be my recommendation.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote