View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #5
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete

Indeed, Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within was an obscure, not related to any Final Fantasy game film which I suspect was purely to show off just what CGI could do.

Final Fantasy VII was a RPG that broke all kinds of barriers, one was the sheer amount of man hours that went into it, 100 people worked solid for 3 years I think. Came out 20 years ago on the PSOne, and was such an Epic that people still play it now. The game can take over 100 hours to play, and there is just so much to discover that it never really disolves into a grindfest which our Asian brethren tend to favour.

It managed to merge CGI movies with real action (you could still move the characters) which for the time was mind blowing. And it took you from the depths of the ocean, and into space.

It had a 'las vega' type place called The Gold Saucer where you could win GOLD (the currency of the game was called GIL) and the gold could be used to purchase special upgrades, or enter competitions.. but it took forever to earn it.. however occasionally you could see a little guy hangin out in the shaodws who would sell you GOLD .. the worlds first Gaming Gold Seller maybe :-)

The villain of the piece Sephiroth is named one of the top 20 iconic bad guys of the computer age.. mainly due to his 6 foot Masamumo sword (cant spell it)

Advent Children was a film set 2 years after the end of the game and focuses on a disease called Geo Stigma which is killing the populace, and three rather nasty characters whio are determined to destroy the planet.

For more info

For those of you who own a PSP, the game is now availble from the playstation store.. and once you have played this you can play the fabulous Final Fantasy Crisis Core, which shows the beginning stories of Zack, Cloud and Sephiroth.. all major players in the epic

Ouch... got me talking on Final Fantasy VII.. gonna shut up now!
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote