View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Hades_Kane

Home MUD: End of Time
Hades_Kane is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hades_Kane
Re: New here, Veteran Elsewhere

Sprinkled in between CoD and the second/current run of EoT were a handful of other MUDs I built for or lended some form of hand to. Tempest of Time, Setting Sun, Legend of the Espers, Landz of Delusion, Final Fantasy 7: After Crisis, one incarnation of Final Fantasy Tactics Online (that had no real official connection to the earlier version, and I can't remember if I just tested or did anything more substantial). There was at least a couple of more, but their names elude me. I've taken to collecting Final Fantasy codebases as well, more just out of the purposes of nostalgia and archiving than anything. I was actually able to reunite one person with a copy of his MUD this way after he had lost all copies for one reason or another. I brought Cleft of Dimension back up years after it had closed, when I managed to get control of the domain name and such. I had many players looking to relive the nostalgia of that game, so it seemed appropriate to have it running for that purpose and to maintain the uninterrupted TMC listing that's been there since about 2001. I've managed to collect a few other FF MUDs as well, including Final Fantasy Compendium (circa 2004 or 2005). I'd love to eventually have my hands on Trenton's FF MUD, but that doesn't seem to be circulating anymore. I've considered creating a resource for Final Fantasy MUDs specifically, acting as perhaps a repository, forum, and MUD List catering to the specifics of a genre that aren't represented in the other listings. There are a lot of different aspects of a Final Fantasy game a person could be looking for, afterall, from a system based on classes, or job changing, or materia, or magicite, along with specifics on what games the world draws from, how purist Final Fantasy the game is, whether characters from the games are allowed to be played, etc. Overall, though, I doubt both the success of such an endeavor and the level of interest/participation there would be from the other games that I suppose would be direct "competition."

Anyhow, I was bored at work and typing on this off and on throughout the day. It's probably long enough
Hades_Kane is offline   Reply With Quote