Thread: Character Death
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 04:15 PM   #5
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
I never fancied perm death myself much, so we don't have that our mud. The thought of losing a char you may have put months of work into because of a bad link at the wrong moment... *shudder*

So in our mud dying just costs a lot of exp... and money... and possibly the stuff in your corpse, unless you manage to retrieve it.

However, with a theme like ours, the resurrection after dying can at least be handled in a reasonably logical way. Our theme is Time Travel, and the story is, that some enterprising entrepreneurs took control of the Time warps and set up a Travel Agency, to exploit... *cough*... I mean HELP the Time Tourists. So when you die, the Agency just revives you at an hour slightly prior to the moment you died. (For a hefty fee, of course, after all, these people have to show a profit to their share holders).

We even have a nifty feature called The Crypt of the Craven, where people from the Travel Agency offer to retrieve your corpse, should you die in a very dangerous and/or remote place, or if you're just downright lazy. Of course, they charge you an outrageous price for the services, but what do you expect? There are no free meals in the world...
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote