View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 06:15 AM   #51
Seraphina

Seraphina is on a distinguished road
Dulan, I use examples because that is the only way I know how of getting my ideas across. I am sorry I did go somewhat off topic but I felt the "ease of entry" point was significant.

Just because one expresses a positive experience with a game it does not follow that it is advertising.

Even though I wanted to try a free mud in the end it was too frustrating. For that reason I ended up at an in between site. A place where I can play for free even though it is commercial accepting cash for in game benefits. Not the perfect solution but it serves my needs. Had it been designated the same as p2p sites, which you are suggesting it should be, I wouldn't have even glanced at the info. I would have been mislead into thinking one must pay to play which isn't the case.

My expressing the apparent direct correlation between financial gain and ease of entry, (free-hardest), (optional purchase of extra benefits, easier), (p2p, easiest) was an observation intended to clarify why a player might choose to pay a p2p or an inbetween game rather than a free one other than pricing, or advertising, or where they stand on the list.

I agree with devising some sort of designation system. I don't think we should have to search websites to figure out if a mud that looks free actually is.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote