Thread: Sex & Violence
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #74
mithras

mithras is on a distinguished road
Re: Sex & Violence

Looks like I'm a 3 and a 4. Well actually in this case I'm a four its just that 4's the closest thing to what I'm thinking. I'm more concerned about the medium than the cause because I like muds and I wouldn't like to risk them for anything. Heck I wouldn't risk any chance of muds being despised now (and I'm talking things 1:10000 chances here) to save the world in a hundred years. Yes it is selfish but damn me if I'm not just that.
Anyway if a mud was to take policies such as showing nudity while still claiming to be child friendly there is a chance (I admit its an off chance but its still a realist chance) that public opinion could be turned against all MU*s, which will lead to a plummet in playing numbers, especially the shrinking of the number of new players coming in. And if I can help it it would be nice to prevent any chance such a scenario, don't you think?

I was also thinking of something else, even within this thread there are people who disagree with the idea of letting children 'see' naked people on muds. I've got no accurate way of telling what kind of relationship there is between those that support the idea and those that not but if Shadowfyr is to be believed it is small (because there either the 'loonies' or the people that believe them) . Added to that are the moderates, apologists and appeasers who would constitute a larger percentage (because if we (the appeasers etc.) didn't then there wouldn't be a problem apparently.) So if any major change in this sort of thing was to go through, even in one or two muds those people who didn't want any change to happen for any reason would be in one way or another affected, whether because they are not sure if they are role playing a scene that they think is inappropriate children with children with the very same children or because they don't have any MU*s to play at all.

And theres another thing, if the movement against these radicals is so strong then why don't we sit back and let the big guys take care of it and reap the benefits? Its hardly as if our moderately sized but divided (That doesn't mean all MU*s wont be lumped together once it comes to the chopping block, it just means we don't have as much weight to throw around.) community will tip the balance, or will it? I'm doubting it but I've got no evidence so you can say what you want on that last bit, and all the other bits if you want.
mithras is offline   Reply With Quote