View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 09:49 PM   #6
Atyreus

Home MUD: The Dreaming City
Atyreus is on a distinguished road
It's certainly easy enough, but the problem isn't being able to distinguish the good from the bad -- it's having to wade through so much bad just to find a decent, helpful review to begin with.

We shouldn't just leap to the conclusion that admin refuse to accept reviews simply to hide from controversy or criticism.  I suppose there could very well be admin who for whatever bizarre reason just don't want their players to have a free forum to speak about whatever gripes they might have about the mud in question.  But some may just feel that giving voice to the griefers isn't worth whatever benefits allowing reviews might offer, and others may (like myself) just feel that the review section is largely worthless and unlikely to benefit the mud even were the reviews to be largely positive.

If the review section were moderated, or if it allowed for responses to reviews or requests for clarifications of opinions or statements made in reviews, I might feel differently about them.  As it stands though, I don't see that it would benefit 'the community' to require muds to accept reviews, because I don't really see the reviews offering any real benefit in their current format.
Atyreus is offline   Reply With Quote