Thread: Pretty Folks
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 10:33 AM   #12
Pasano

Pasano is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Pasano
On the note of suggesting that playing ugly or less attractive characters was for 'skilled RPers', that didnt come out exactly as intended. But the next post pretty much covered what i was trying to say.

People who describe 'He's tall, he's this, he's that. He's ugly. he smells like feet.'

If you cant put 'ugly' into better terms, do us all a favor and just be attractive. Personally, I think the best way to go, is to put out a description, detail the character's features and let others determine if they think he's attractive or not. Appearance is a matter of opinion. It's dependant on preference as well as a bunch of other differing factors. Perfect example, I think Halle Berry is a dog. i know a bunch of people who drool at the thought of her. It's all preference.

What does help, is for the character to have an opinion on his/her own appearance. A level of self-esteme or a lack of it. You can have a very attractive character who thinks they're ugly, a dog-faced gremlin who thinks he's a zeus or something in between the two extremes.

It might be interesting to RP a beautiful person who is completely conceited and full of their appearance. It'd be interesting to see how others react. Or a character who is fairly average in appearance but thinks he is a beast. Others might go to great lengths to convince that person that the/she is better than their own perception.
Pasano is offline   Reply With Quote