View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #561
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Re: The Non-Cold Non-Hard Non-Facts

You have still yet to show how the 4/5 option promotes some games at the expense of others. As I stated earlier, looking at it from a player perspective (which I am) it seems to help me find MUDs that accept no form of payment as well as MUDs that have pay-for-perks if I want them, without having to trawl through all the other sorts of options I don't want.

I would also be careful about flinging around accusations attacking groups rather than individuals. Commercial MUD owners are quick enough to decry non-commercial owners when they make blanket statements about commercial games (argh too many uses of the word commercial...) so I suggest you put some consideration into any blanket statements you plan to make.

I support the 4/5 option system and am not a game admin, so am I trying to serve my own personal interests at the expense of others? No. I AM trying to serve my own personal interest in having a system that's more useful to me, but I fail to see how that is at the expense of other people.

As I've said, please point out to me why the proposed system disadvantages anyone except MUD owners who are gaining players through false or misleading information in their listings, something I'm sure we all agree is unacceptable.
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote