View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 06:33 PM   #2
Kyandra

Kyandra is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Being an immortal brings with it power and responisibility. Hopefully, it also brings with it some form of caring about the mud.

I have seen the peter principal at work. I have seen young mud die purely because the choose the wrong immortal staff. And I have seen players who become immortals show their true selves.

That true self is not always a power-hungry, selfish player who provides their friends and their alts with super-twinks. Often you find out the person really has some serious depth to them and is a person worth knowing (bow Riviat who I have teased here and on other forums).

I think a lot of that comes from how immortals are selected. I think a good imp chooses them not by the fact that they are their friends, but because they have skills or traits that would be an asset to the game.

Those that make the mistake of imming their friends or immig for their friends, often find that the friendship was sadly not what it seems.

I could go on, and even tell a personal story, but that is nto for here I do not think.

I guess I will say -- don't do it unless you have the time and the energy to fully commit to your role and you are in agreement with the rules, regulations, and other factors that make your mud a place you love to play.
Kyandra is offline   Reply With Quote