View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 04:14 PM   #46
Pharazon

Pharazon is on a distinguished road
But he does have a point. Why *NOT* offer colour customisation?

From a mapping point of view, we actually recommend to players that they change the default zMud colours so that our main city appears as it should - in grey not green. This also corrects their client, so that when they mud elsewhere, they also see the 'correct' colours.

Our channel and prompt code is completely customiseable so if our players want a pink prompt, with value-dependant colours for hp/mana etc, then they can. we're not forcing them into any colour scheme. We do have a default colour scheme, which in my eyes is pretty good.

As a programmer myself, I'm first to hold my hand up and admit that my attempts at a colour scheme would be awful! Why inflict that pain upon players? If we didn't have customiseable colours, then a percentage of our playerbase would whinge that they hated the colours. Why even contemplate this, when with a (relatively) small amount of time, the colour scheme can be theirs!

As lots of other contributors to this thread have pointed out, having this level of customisation is a win-win situation.
Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote