View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #30
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: RPEI, The New RP Standard

Okay, please realize that I didn't go look up the ACTUAL definition of a mini-van. I slapped some down quickly to express a point. However, ALL mini-vans do fit the mini-van criteria listed above!

But I also want to point out that a van is not required to have removable seats!

Right, but what are the criteria for an RPI? That's the point. You state that there's the common demoniator. I'm just looking for what it is.

Permadeath might not make an RPI mud, but permadeath, enforced-RP, and permitting hobbits might! Of course RPI muds aren't going to be cookie cutter and have ONLY the the same features. The point is... what makes an RPI mud an RPI mud?

The scoffer is the person who is being elitist. I don't like permadeath for myself, but I can intellectually understand why someone might. Making fun of permadeath simply because one wouldn't play it is also elitism. However, insisting that permadeath is the ONLY way to play and all muds that do not have permadeath has unrealistic and un-immersive RP is also elitism. Putting down someone's playing preferences in order to tout your own is pretty much a form of elitism in my book.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote