View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
eax

eax is on a distinguished road
Re: Childen friendly MUD's?

Actually a mud I'm on with a really good bunch of newbie helpers (actually they are surprisingly friendly) is aardwolf, however I am not sure what there rules are? I actually think though if you emailed some of the muds and told them the situation well the fact a parent was involved they may be fine with the idea? (Just trying to think how you can get access to the most muds here)

In regards to aardwolf well the only reason I mentioned it was because of the great friendly atmosphere but I'm not sure as to whether that has more grusome elements later? + I don't want to be responible through advice for giving your kid knightmares . I think finding a mud with a reasnable bunch of staff is key as well when a child is involved, I will try and keep an eye out for something appropriate as I am trying out lots of muds at the momment. I think you may find it difficult to find something 100% suitable, It's just some of the muds I have been on have some gruesome elements which even turn my stomach from time to time!

What a great way to spend time with your kid though! (Wish my parents did that with me when I was a kid! - I still am a kid hehe, just a 28 year old BIG kid! ) Anyway good luck finding a mud , if I come across anything thats genuinly child friendly I will post again, however in regards to the multi-play aspect with yourself and child well email some of the admins and explain your situation as I'm sure you will find some who will be happy to let you kid play if they know a parent is near!

Good Luck!
Eax

Actually just looking at the majority of helpful! posts well that has given me an alternate idea for you if all fails, you could always try the old infocom interactive fiction games, although I still think it would be great if you could get on a mud and be permitted to log in with your child; your childs 10 right? I will be glad to have a look for you.
eax is offline   Reply With Quote