View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #54
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Lets Talk about Voting - Shall we?

In post #27 Lasher explicitly clarified that rewards for global events were not permitted, going on to give the example "nothing like "We will run double experience this weekend if we are in the top 5" etc." Ironically enough, that was the exact reward you'd offered less than a week earlier (and indeed for the previous few months).

At that point you knew the rules, and you knew you were breaking them (and let's not even get into your "If you have access to additional computers or IPs or whatever, that is great" comment). Most people in your position would keep a low profile and quickly remove the reward offers. If they were feeling particularly honest they might even contact Lasher and explain their mistake. Your response? Post #29, you accused other top 10 muds of cheating:

"Lasher, since you are involved in the thread, what is the status on busting some of these 15-20 people muds that are clearly cheating to be in the top 5 or top 10?"

Two days after your accusation, you posted another reply to your double XP reward thread, reminding people yet again to keep on voting. Another three days later (today) and there was still no sign of you removing the rewards.

Your recent posts seem to imply that you were the one who contacted Lasher, but in fact the only reason he knew you were cheating is that I contacted him - and the only reason I didn't post this "days ago" is because I felt you deserved the chance to stop offering rewards, as you'd promised Lasher you would. I should have known better.

I would also like to respond to your comment in the negative vote you just gave me:

"You really are a disgusting asshole. How about a PM first? How about asking Lasher? No, you have to go for a public slam. Your negativity is POISON for the mud community."

It is people like you who are poison. You cheat the rankings, while hurling unfounded accusations at the muds who have earned their rank fair and square. It would have reflected much better on if you'd dealt with this yourself, privately, when I gave you the chance. But you clearly weren't willing to do so.

The voting rules are there for the good of the community. They only work if everyone follows them.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote