View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:45 PM   #2
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Well, let me see if I can break down both sides.

OK, now that we've established their basic format, let's look at the example.

Stop!  I'm confused here.  How is it that I know it's the severed finger of a dwarven acolyte?  I guess from the size, I could assume it's former owner was a dwarf.  But it could have been a child.  But the acolyte part?  Do all acolytes (or just the dwarven ones) have a tattoo on each finger?

OK, those interesting points aside, let us continue....

D-amn! A barrel of water?  You must be both strong and thirsty.  I know I have to **** like a racehorse after drinking half a case of Barq's Root Beer in a single sitting (damned good stuff that Barq's) .  *shrug*  Back on topic....

I'm confused again.  You decided to dig around a building?  You dropped stuff on the beach?  What an *interesting* life you lead.

And why would someone bury stuff outside a building instead of hiding it inside?  Lost their key?  Claustrophobia?  Cross-bred with a gopher?

Man, those thieves were fast.  Poor guy only went to the bathroom.  Of course, after drinking an entire barrel of water, he really had to go for a while....

Would those be players who dig holes and hide stuff there instead of dropping it on the beach?

I'm incredibly suspicious of people who bury stuff outside their HQ.  Wouldn't it make more sense to lock it inside?

emote looks at the HQ.
emote notices the big piles of fresh dirt outside the HQ.

I'd say he gained one.

Never kennel your pet at Dr. Kevorkian's Pet Cemetary & Kennel.

Why couldn't he keep it?  Cause he didn't dig a hole?

Well, seems to me that the problem isn't only the staff member, though they were a bit rude there at the end.  The problem seems to be with this curious world where people dig holes outside their HQ instead of placing it inside and other people with incredibly large bladders walk around lugging barrels of water with them.  It could stand to have some significant modifications made to both code and policy which would avoid the unfortunate issues of this particular case.

1.  No "alts".
2.  How about equipment, clothes, what-have-you, saving on the character who quits?
3.  Give Hammer a key so they can get inside their HQ instead of digging holes and burying stuff outside.
4.  Somebody find that poor dwarven acolyte and give him a hand.
5.  Hire more law enforcement.  If a poor guy can have the clothes off his back stolen while he uses the bathroom, it's not a good neighborhood.
6.  Stay in the shade.  If you have to carry around a barrel of water to avoid dehydration, that's no environment to be in.  Get inside in the AC.
7.  Spay and neuter your pets so they won't have too many offspring that'll need be put to sleep when you log out.

These are only a few small reasons I won't play near-stock MUDs or play H&S again.  Honestly, what'd you expect?

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote