View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #540
Atyreus

Home MUD: The Dreaming City
Atyreus is on a distinguished road
Re: The Non-Cold Non-Hard Non-Facts

This would fall under the "Payment and/or donations accepted, has results in-game" category. I was only suggesting removing the word "donations" from the "Payment and/or donations required to play." In all honesty it makes no difference to me. But, as a donation is, by definition, a gift, there is something a bit oxymoronic about a mandatory donation.

Well, even under the current wording ("Payment and/or donations required to play"), this hypothetical mud admin wishing to game the system would still try to game the system by saying "Money isn't required to play, it's just required for the in-game benefit of keeping your character."

I mean, if we want to try to set up a system that is absolutely game-proof, the system proposed by Threshold is probably better suited. Even better, we could provide only one choice ("Money may or may not be accepted by the game administrators and it may or may not have an effect on your playing experience") or drop the field altogether. It seems what we are really aiming for, though, is to maximize the amount of information available with a system that is fairly straight-forward and which neatly categorizes any possible business/donation model.
Atyreus is offline   Reply With Quote