View Single Post
Old 06-10-2002, 12:53 AM   #18
LordKiev

LordKiev is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LordKiev
Yeah, for the longest time, I wanted to be an imm on the MUD that I primarily play for (I'd plug them, but I'm not sure how much they deserve it). Anyway, they repetitively turned me down, because that mud is very cliquish. We have all kinds of bureacracy and immortals that can't do their jobs because they have the hook-ups with the higher level. So anyway, I'm imming with a friend, and before that, with his brother. I've coded and built, and I like coding more. I could care less about all the immortal commands, I use basically only these:

switch/return (for when I get bored)
copyover
set
goto

There are days when I log on with great gung-ho eagerness, and get a bunch done. But then there are the days when the crap hits the fan, and I want to scream, or log off. The other three immortals (we're a developing mud) are rarely on (two imps and a head guild), and I usually go through all the junk. I get forced into all kinds of roles I'm not prepared for and do a bad job at (most coders have no people skills, which is why I code and not handle policy). In fact, I got the following series of mails in my box:
"emotes can be done by typing emote .............................
And you get points for them, i tried it with a new char so you wouldnt vape
this one. Just wanted to tell you."

"well, maybe you should start logging all of the emotes. Some people like
myself doesn't like ppl abusing commands like that for exp to level on.
(last sentence)(Not to be a smart arse heh) Make it where you can't have
over so many ............... Only 3 at the most in one role. If I had done
a bad emote just for exp so I could level, I would probley put alot of .....
In it.

Well, If you need a imm to help you out with police things for this mud just
tell me. I'll make and alt and help you out. "

Right, I'm a coder and I'm being forced to deal with all the idiots who want us to police emotes. Sometimes it's not worth the intangible benefits of seeing my ideas come to live.

Break of Dawn MUD
the-edge.dynip.com:3345
Anusien: Coder/Builder
LordKiev is offline   Reply With Quote