View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 02:52 PM   #11
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
A couple of elves had been abusing the training halls of the clan I was in, the T'zai Byn. When one of the PC leaders challenged these elves about their behavior, they ran, deserting and condemning themselves to death.

They left the city, and went to ground somewhere else. So we followed. Back and forth across the Known World we rode, searching, but for naught. The elves had vanished, and there was nothing left but to go home and forget. My character eventually died and was replaced, and about a RL year passed with nothing special happening.

Then, on my spiffy new character, I look across the bar one night and see who else but those wretched elves. Well, it was amusing to see them after so long, but maintaining character-serperation, I said nothing. Soon, though, a Byn Sargeant, who happened to have been a 'Runner', or recruit, with me when the elves had initially deserted, showed up.

It was most amusing, because the elves tried to get recruited by this sergeant AGAIN! Playing dumb, the Sergeant took their coins. Took them to the compound, and promptly took their heads. I saw the heads on pikes, and it amused me how far those elves had run, only to return and die in the place that had condemned them anyway.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote