View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 09:44 AM   #7
Ingham

Hmm, you got a point there, although this post isn't aimed against RoD. If you read the last paragraphs, you'll read that I actually do recommed RoD with a few precautions which are very true in my experience and are backed up by several people (big names) I know on the MUD who agree with me that the higher echelons of RoD are rotten to the core. For example, have you ever read m post about ? It's completely accurate except that I purposefully left out one thing: The harrasser is a well-known and loved immortal on RoD who actively tried to set me up against a wonderful girl. I left the immortal bit out because wether she's an imm or not wouldn't make a difference to the situation and most of you people are horribly biased towards imms anyways. The worst thing was, that when I confronted the girl with the fact one immortal was harrassing her, she first gave me two other names who previously harrassed her. That makes three immortals harrassing one player, which all sounds very believable to me. I know two immortals in question are quite capable of being bitter harrassers and the third one was the one who lied to me. That, and I've been the victim of immortal harrassment myself, so yes, I think that this is all very likely to happen to the poor girl.

Anyways, end of rant, I'm getting off topic here into the "emotional dribble" zone. I posted my previous post on here to stop people from taking too lightly of the "ruling class" of RoD. Like I said, RoD itself is a great place to be and you can meet allot of nice people there. I did. The fact I was banned is irrelevant, I generally said the same thing to people I knew online before I got banned and I will untill things start to change. Then again, I'm just a small fish in a big pond, but hey, the same fact didn't stop Napoleon from conquering Europe. (And he was a damned tiny fella!)